To give motivated high school teachers with prior content area experience the tools necessary to teach a three-year course in Communication Skills, which is the primary course* in the new elective, Diplomacy and International Communication in English.
Each session will focus on learning and teaching the content area instruction. In addition, teachers will:
- comprehend and apply the goals of the curriculum in the fields of information literacy, communication literacy, multicultural literacy, critical literacy, as well as creativity;
- develop lesson plans, adapt or create materials and an online resource bank;
- acquire techniques to utilize role-play, debate and negotiation simulations effectively;
- design appropriate formative and summative assessment tools.
- מרצה: Jennifer Sternlicht